BAGGED CEMENT TYPE CEM II/B-M (V-L) 42,5 N

CEM II/B-M (V-L) 42,5 N is a Portland cement with pozzolans added in a significantly higher percentage than in CEM II/B-M (V-L) 42,5 R. The minimum amount of clinker is 65%, while the remaining 35% is fly ash (V), natural gypsum (to regulate the onset of binding) and up to 5% other minor mineral admixtures. The higher proportion of mineral admixtures improves the workability and durability of concretes exposed to chemical influences. The heat released during hydration is further reduced. Note that this cement is N class, which means that the rate of strength gain (early 2-day strength gain) is lower compared to those in R class.

Product application

Since its characteristic strength is close to that of CEM II/A-V 42.5 R cement, this cement can also be used for similar constructions. It has an advantage over CEM II/A-V 42.5 R when building foundation structures (or other elements) in aggressive soils and environments. On the other hand, due to the lower heat during hydration, it is recommended not to use it in cold weather (an ambient temperature lower than 0°C), especially for concreting elements with small cross sections. It has standard application for concrete strength grades up to C35/45.

Declaration of Performance and CE marking

Our cements comply with the MKC EN 197-1 harmonized European standard and are subject to assessment and performance verification procedures by a third party (an EU authorized body under System 1+ for assessment and verification of consistency of performance).

The Declaration of Performance on the key product attributes and the CE mark can be found here.

The CE mark is affixed to the packaging and the shipping documents in accordance with the Construction Products Regulation.

Health and safety

Contact with wet cement, wet concrete, may cause irritation, dermatitis or severe chemical burns. Cement dust coming into contact with bodily fluids (such as sweat or tears) may cause irritation, dermatitis or burns. This carries a serious risk of eye damage. Wear appropriate, impermeable clothing, gloves and eye and face protection. In case of contact with the eyes, rinse them immediately with plenty of clean water and seek medical help. After skin contact, rinse immediately with plenty of clean water. Keep out of reach of children. Contains chromium (VI). Chromium with oxidation state VI, the concentration of which must not exceed 2ppm in bagged cement, is reduced for additional protection. May cause allergic reactions, the risk of which is higher if the cement is used past the expiration date stated on the package and the shipping documents.