Feedback from our stakeholders helps us develop a more coherent, inclusive and consistent sustainability strategy. By building consensus in areas of common interest, we can form effective partnerships that support sustainable solutions at both the global and local levels.
Our sustainability strategy is based on a deep understanding of the material issues that affect our business and the people who rely on our work.
Taking into account the stakeholders' needs, every two years the material issues are evaluated and reviewed and the priorities for the upcoming period are set. Based on the latest materiality assessment, the material issues have been established, determining the main pillars of Cementarnica USJE's business activities in 2021-2025:
- Air emissions
- Circular economy
- Energy and climate change
- Environmental incidents
- Visual impact
- Use of materials and land
- Waste management
- Water management
- Access to finance
- Health and Safety
- Lack of knowledge and expertise
- Lack of skilled technicians
- Management and ethical issues
- People management and development
- Public health services
- Supplier management
- Sustainability of communities
- Change of laws/regulations
- Customers and sustainable products
- Increased regulation complexity
- Revenue and tax transparency
- Transport and demographics
At the same time, Cementarnica USJE supports the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as well as the global sustainability priorities and aspirations for 2030, and our efforts and activities are focused on achieving these common goals.
Linking our material issues to the most relevant of the UN SDGs helps us manage them in line with international best practices.